USA / Canada Toll Free : 1 833 597-1460 Whatsapp : 1 833 597-1460
Select Page

US Passport Eligibility

You can apply for a new passport in person using the DS-11 Application form. It is the standard application form used by all U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens to obtain a new passport, replace a lost or stolen one, change details on their existing one, or renew an expired one that was issued to them when they were 16 years of age or older.

To be eligible to file Form DS-11:

If you are applying for your first U.S. passport, you must apply in person with proof of citizenship and valid identification (e.g., driver’s license).

If your most recent U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago, you must apply in person with valid identification (e.g., driver’s license).

If you are under the age of 16 or are renewing your current passport, please see the Renewal By Mail section above for further instructions on how to proceed, as not all applicants qualify for renewal by mail based on the date of birth and other factors detailed on the US Department of State website.

Follow the above procedure to apply for a new passport

Once you have done that, submit all relevant documents, including proof of citizenship and identity. Additionally, you will also need to pay a non-refundable processing fee for the same amount as that for an adult passport (see Passport Fees).

Select your currency
USD United States (US) dollar